Friday, January 24, 2014
Congratulations to the Class of 2017. You donated 3,150 pounds of canned goods to the Rhode Island Food Bank during the Bryant IDEA program!
Saturday, January 18, 2014
Here are a few great resources:
Thursday, January 16, 2014
- Residential students will move back to campus on Sunday, January 19th and pick up their informational packet and schedule for the IDEA program at their residence halls.
- Commuter students will check in and receive their materials on Monday morning, January 20th at 7:45am in the Chase Wellness Center Lobby.
- The program begins on Monday morning at 8:30am in the MAC. Please be on time! Late arrivals and poor attendance will affect your grade in a very significant manner.
- Each individual should bring 5 canned goods to the MAC on Monday morning. These canned goods will be used in an activity on Monday, and then they will be donated to the Rhode Island Food Bank.
- The Bryant IDEA blog (http://bryantidea.blogspot.com/) and Twitter feed (@bryantidea) will be updated regularly throughout the next week.
- Please be sure to have your ID with you at all times throughout the program. You will receive a name tag on Monday morning. You must have the name tag with you at all times during the program as well.
- The Chase Fitness Center will be open on Sunday from 6-11pm for those who would like to work out when you arrive back on campus.
- Salmanson will be open for dinner on Sunday and breakfast on Monday morning before the program begins.
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
I highly recommend this blog post by Matthew May. It examines the issue of how smart constraints can actually enable and stimulate creativity, rather than deter it. The post draws on the work of Teresa Amabile, one of my dissertation advisers in graduate school. She is a top notch scholar in the field of creativity.
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Melissa Bowler and her fellow comedians from the Providence Improv Guild will be performing on Monday night, January 20th at the IDEA program. Before their show, Melissa will be talking about the techniques that improv comedians use. She will be relating those concepts to the general topics of creativity and innovation that are central to the IDEA program. It looks to be a fantastic night!