Monday, November 10, 2014
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
REMINDER: To prepare for the IDEA program, you are required to attend a one-hour orientation session. During this session, you will learn about the IDEA program and you will complete an important survey that will help us place you on a project about which you are interested. Please bring your laptop computer to the orientation session. You may choose to attend any one of the following sessions, all of which will take place in Janikies.
Tuesday, November 4th 11:00am-12:00pm
Wednesday, November 5th 2:00pm-3:00pm
Thursday, November 6th 4:00pm-5:00pm
Monday, November 10th 2:00pm-3:00pm
Monday, November 10th 8:00pm-9:00pm
Thank you very much. We look forward to seeing you at one of the sessions and to working with you in January.
Friday, January 24, 2014
Congratulations to the Class of 2017. You donated 3,150 pounds of canned goods to the Rhode Island Food Bank during the Bryant IDEA program!
Saturday, January 18, 2014
Here are a few great resources:
Thursday, January 16, 2014
- Residential students will move back to campus on Sunday, January 19th and pick up their informational packet and schedule for the IDEA program at their residence halls.
- Commuter students will check in and receive their materials on Monday morning, January 20th at 7:45am in the Chase Wellness Center Lobby.
- The program begins on Monday morning at 8:30am in the MAC. Please be on time! Late arrivals and poor attendance will affect your grade in a very significant manner.
- Each individual should bring 5 canned goods to the MAC on Monday morning. These canned goods will be used in an activity on Monday, and then they will be donated to the Rhode Island Food Bank.
- The Bryant IDEA blog (http://bryantidea.blogspot.com/) and Twitter feed (@bryantidea) will be updated regularly throughout the next week.
- Please be sure to have your ID with you at all times throughout the program. You will receive a name tag on Monday morning. You must have the name tag with you at all times during the program as well.
- The Chase Fitness Center will be open on Sunday from 6-11pm for those who would like to work out when you arrive back on campus.
- Salmanson will be open for dinner on Sunday and breakfast on Monday morning before the program begins.
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
I highly recommend this blog post by Matthew May. It examines the issue of how smart constraints can actually enable and stimulate creativity, rather than deter it. The post draws on the work of Teresa Amabile, one of my dissertation advisers in graduate school. She is a top notch scholar in the field of creativity.